As an individual, your mobility needs are different than anyone else’s. So is your financial situation. At ATC, we can help guide you through the sometimes overwhelming process of locating financial assistance.

There are numerous funding sources available for possible financial assistance in converting your vehicle. The type of assistance can vary based on factors like your personal situation, military background and state of residence. A few Financial Resources include:

  • Veterans Administration Funding:  The VA provides some financial assistance (one-time vehicle grants, lending programs, equipment grants) with mobility equipment/vehicle conversions for qualifying veterans.  Visit https://www.va.gov/  or call 1-800-827-1000 for more information.  You can also find a complete list of local Veterans Administration Agencies by visiting this link through NMEDA website for Government Funding.
  • State Funding: There is a Vocational Rehabilitation Program within each state that funds programs for disabled individuals.  These programs can range from returning to work assistance to mobility equipment funding assistance.  See what your state offers.
  • Medicare and Medicaid: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services.  Find out how to qualify and obtain information about Medicaid State Waiver Programs.
  • GM Mobility Financial Assistance: There are several options available through this assistance program.  Visit https://www.gmenvolve.com/fleet to learn about the many options through GM Mobility, or visit your local GM dealer.
  • Social Security “Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS)”: This program is designed to help individuals with disabilities return to work.  For more information, please visit: https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityresearch/wi/pass.htm.