No matter your level of mobility, you have the right to explore and enjoy the world around you. When you use a wheelchair, having an accessible vehicle makes a world of difference for your independence. The fact that you’re exploring trucks already demonstrates you’re living life without limits, as their versatility and customization (not to mention sheer badassery) just can’t be matched with a mere van conversion. Also, since trucks have among the highest resale value of vehicles, you’re headed in the right direction.
How do you know if you should go with a new or used wheelchair-accessible truck? Everyone’s situation is different, so consider these important factors when deciding what’s best for you:
Benefits of a New Wheelchair Truck Conversion
Opting for a brand-new wheelchair truck conversion has many advantages:
- Warranty: A new vehicle typically comes with a manufacturer’s warranty, giving you peace of mind in case of unexpected issues.
- Latest Technology: New trucks include the most up-to-date technology, ensuring optimal accessibility and user-friendliness.
- Customization: When purchasing new, you can customize your truck to fit your unique needs.
Benefits of a Used Wheelchair-Accessible Truck
While a new vehicle is tempting, purchasing a used wheelchair-accessible truck has considerable benefits:
- Cost Savings: The top reason to consider a used vehicle is the potential for cost savings.
- Depreciation: A used truck has likely experienced the majority of its initial depreciation, making it a better investment over time.
- Availability: With a wider pool of used vehicles, you’ll likely find a truck that covers your preferences.
Factors To Consider When Making Your Decision
When deciding between a new or used wheelchair-accessible truck, weigh your needs and budget. Here are some factors to consider:
- Budget: Determine your budget before beginning your search so you can make financially savvy choices.
- Lifestyle: Your truck should align with your lifestyle, so consider factors like fuel efficiency, off-road capabilities, space requirements, and desired features.
- Maintenance History: Used truck buyers should assess the vehicle’s maintenance history to avoid unforeseen issues down the road.
The decision-making process for purchasing a wheelchair-accessible truck, used or new, can be easy. By weighing the pros and cons of each option, setting a reasonable budget, and assessing your needs, you’ll be behind the wheel of your new truck in no time! All Terrain Conversions should be your first and only stop the next time you need a wheelchair-accessible truck, new or used!