Mobility SVM produced wheelchair conversions on trucks and SUVs. These vehicles have major flaws, predominantly with actuators that simply will not provide reliable service. Many dealers and end users have asked us for a solution. We of course highly recommend replacing all SVM equipment with our complete system conversion however this is may not be financially viable for many SVM owners. As such, ATC has developed a solution to the actuator issue by replacing the SVM electric actuators with a hydraulic system. Replacing the SVM actuators with a high quality hydraulic system designed specifically for the SVM conversion will provide speed and reliability to conversion. The system is more expensive than the actuators used by SVM however it is engineered to last the life of the vehicle.
|Time||Approximately 3 weeks|
SVM Conversion In Action
- Remove both vertical and horizontal actuators and drive motors.
- Remove control module that powered actuators.
- Install hydraulic cylinders in or around beam assembly (depending on SVM version).
- Install hydraulic pump and back-up manifold in engine compartment.
- Install ATC control module, run wires and locate limit switches